In this week’s CRE Elite, we visit New Hampshire and talk to Chris Norwood, President of NAI / The Norwood Group out of Bedford. Chris’s primary focus is the sale and leasing of commercial real estate space in the Southern New Hampshire market. As President, Chris is also very involved with the overall strategic growth of the firm.Chris began his real estate brokerage career in 2000 when he became a licensed salesperson in the state of New Hampshire. Since that time he has assisted in closing tens of millions of dollars worth of sale and lease transactions over hundreds of thousands of square feet, as well as aided in consulting and valuation work.
During the course of our conversation we discuss how Chris got his start at the breakfast table and still works with family to this day, why he starts his deals by focusing on the clients needs, he inspires me to change my daily routine, and he stresses the importance of “yes”. I also connected with his toughest transaction as it was his own residential home sale. Lastly, find out why Chris reads the New Hampshire Registry of Deeds website… for fun!
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- The pros and cons of working with family
- New Hampshire’s economy is healthy due to it’s vibrant manufacturing sector
- What “butter mentality is”
- What Chris gets out of simply writing.
- Chris’s featured deal highlights the importance of face-to-face meetings and leveraging momentum
Mentions & Resources
- Chris’s blog
- Game of Thrones
- Little Chappel on the River by Gwendolyn Bounds
- New Hampshire Registry of Deeds
- Real Data
Advice & Quotes
- Understand subtle practice differences from state to state
- “Don’t sweat the small stuff”
- Only serve on those boards you feel strongly about to develop real relationships
- Start your day with the hardest call on your list
- “I say yes to everything” – embrace opportunities
- “Positive attitude” is 99% of our day.