In this week’s episode, I visit the state of Iowa and talk to a rising… actually… make that a risen star in Tyler Dingel of CBRE / Hubbell in Des Moines. Tyler is recognized in the greater Des Moines community as a leading broker in the retail, office and investment markets. Over his nine year career at CBRE|Hubbell Commercial, he has been involved in selling and leasing of over $300 million in real estate transactions. He has also been recognized among the top 30 retail performers across the Americas as well as one of the top ten retail performers in CBRE’s central United States region. Dingel received the Iowa Commercial Real Estate Association (ICREA) Broker of the Year award in 2013, Deal of the Year award in 2010 & 2014 and the Rising Star Award in 2008. In 2014, Tyler was recognized as his firm’s Top Producer.
Tyler and I dive into some really interesting things here – we go over good moves and bad moves as you’re just getting started, Tyler describes the difference between width versus depth of your professional network, which I really found interesting, we discuss family, some business resources and tell a couple cool anecdotes. This one’s got it all…. I hope you like it.
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- What Tyler got out of his college real estate courses
- How Tyler leveraged a CRE internship and turned it into a career.
- How Tyler cold-called effectively and built his database
- The value of “mentorship” – create win-win relationships
- Why Tyler creates “check-lists”
Mentions & Resources
Advice & Quotes
- Understand the demographics of who you’re selling to.
- Host association meetings in empty listing space
- Understand, develop and foster the “depth” of your network – not just creating “width”
- Create boundaries between work and family-time
- Persistence is the most important trait in a CRE broker
- “You control your destiny”
– Check out Tyler’s full bio here
– Call Tyler at 515-221-6662
– Email Tyler at firstname.lastname@example.org