In this week’s episode, I talk with Rod N. Santomassimo the founder and president of The Massimo Group. He’s a CRE broker, coach and author. Rod possesses over 25 years of commercial real estate industry experience, a solid financial background and a proven growth track record that has repeatedly led to increased individual and company revenue.
Prior to creating the Massimo Group, Rod served a variety of roles in the commercial real estate industry including broker, owner, manager and executive level management for local, regional and national brokerage organizations. Prior to launching the Massimo Group, Rod was Executive Vice President of Sperry Van Ness where he was responsible the general oversight of the organization’s franchise operations and as well as their training platforms.
During the course of this talk, Rod and I discuss his brokerage career, his transition to coaching, his book on CRE brokerage and a lot more. Rod really pumped me up and made me realize how lucky we are to be in our industry. Enjoy!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- Why Rod’s dad forced him to read leases as a kid!
- How Rod got his start as a “grunt”
- Rod answers the question, “what do I have to do to earn more money”
- What the “Presence Pyramid” is
- The importance of tracking your pipeline
Mentions & Resources
- The Massimo Group blog – Commercial Real Estate Consulting & Coaching
- Brokers Who Dominate – by Rod Santomassimo
- Value Added – by Brad Umansky
- Hyper Sales Growth – by Jack Daly
- Success Magazine
- Entrepreneur on Fire – John Lee Dumas
Advice & Quotes
- “The tide has risen… this HAS to be your best year yet”
- Align yourself with a mentor right out of the gate
- “We’re in the information business” – position yourself as a resource. Market yourself!
- “You are the CEO of your own business”
- CRM? “Use the one you’re going to use”
- “Be professionally persistent”
- Do the fundamentals better than anyone else…. consistently!
- Get hired every day.
– Check out Rod’s full bio here
– Call Rod at 1-800-517-5542
[…] In this week’s episode of Commercial Real Estate Elite: Broker to Brokers I visit the great state of Kentucky and talk to a fascinating CRE expert in Bo Barron. Bo’s got a pretty cool story. He served five years in the Marine Corps and then rolled into the business as a 3rd generation commercial broker in his market. He spent over 10 years in the field as a broker, owner, and corporate executive with Sperry Van Ness. He then transitioned into commercial brokerage coaching through The Massimo Group who’s founder, Rod Santomassimo, I had the pleasure of interviewing in CRE Elite Episode 22. […]