Today I visit the one and only Manhattan, New York City. I talk to Dana Moskowitz, the President and Principal of Evo Real Estate Group. Dana is a CRE-lifer getting started in the business through her dad and extended family. She’s been brokering deals since fresh out of college and, today, is responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations of the company and oversight of the brokerage division. She recently spearheaded the rebranding of the company, the development of a new website, and the relocation of the firm’s offices. In addition, Dana is the leasing agent for several properties in Manhattan and is responsible for overseeing capital improvement projects at those buildings.
During the course of our discussion we talk about some marketing tips, her experience in leasing and acquisitions in the big city, her referral and networking sources, and she shares a great success story that I think anyone one of us would be proud of. Dana is a real pro and a wonderful guest. I got a lot of out of this interview and I hope you do to. Enjoy.
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- How Dana leveraged her intern experience into her first paycheck!
- About Dana’s young professionals networking group experience.
- How Dana works email marketing
- The importance of knowing the local daily news
- Dana’s proudest deal – a year and a half pitch and a 2 year redevelopment/re-lease effort.
- Why her father was proud she talked to much as a kid!
Mentions & Resources
- Young Men’s / Women’s Real Estate Association of New York
- EVO Real Estate Group (Dana’s rebrand efforts)
- Dana’s “must look at’s”: Crain’s New York Business, Commercial Observer, Real Estate Weekly, The Real Deal
Advice & Quotes
- “The most important thing you have as you’re getting started is your TIME”
- “Commitment to cold calls” – as a new broker. Learn to hear NO.
- Leverage your alumni network
- “Thick skin, strong stomach” – don’t wallow in what doesn’t work. Just move on.
- Read books for pleasure! Your clients will appreciate it.
- “People skills are really essential in this business”
- “You need to find your mentor” – don’t be a lone wolf.
- There is a good reason “You have two ears and one mouth” – listen and absorb as a young broker
– Check out Dana’s full bio here
– Call Dana at 212-519-2000