Today we visit Massachusetts and I talk with Jeremy Cyrier, the President of MANSARD Commercial Real Estate Services focusing on the Greater Boston market. Jeremy founded MANSARD on November 1, 2007. He is a CCIM designee and served as the President of the New England CCIM Chapter in 2011. He is also one of 85 commercial real estate instructors for the CCIM Institute (14,000 members world-wide) where he teaches both the Financial Analysis class and Market Analysis for Commercial Real Estate.
This was a really interesting talk for me and I only wish we had more time. Like all my guests, time was tight and he had to hustle getting to an important property tour. But we covered a lot of ground including his thoughts on the importance of a concept called “positioning theory”, we discussed a teaching resource that he actually built, and why Jeremy compares our industry to the subprime lending market… just listen to the end and you’ll get what I’m talking about, it’s an interesting take. I really enjoyed this talk and I hope you do to.
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- How a teaching track led to Jeremy’s brokerage career
- Why Jeremy created a course on CRE
- Why Jeremy hired a coach to learn the sales process
- What is “positioning theory”
- About Jeremy’s wins, losses and best clients
Mentions & Resources
- CRE Invest Ed
- Positioning Theory (resources coming soon)
- Timing the Real Estate Market by Robert Campbell
- Seth Godin blog
Advice & Quotes
- “You don’t know what you don’t know” – just get going
- FOCUS – be an investor. Or be a broker.
- Don’t commoditze your listings.
- Engage with an accountability partner.
- “Have a long view on the business” – integrity
- “How much do you want to make and how do you want to get there”
– Check out Jeremy’s full bio here
– Call Jeremy at 617-674-2203