In this week’s CRE Elite, we visit Pennsylvania and talk to Ryan Miller, the newly named Executive Vice President of NAI Global for the Eastern Region of North America. After a 10-year plus career as a broker for CBRE, Ryan now serves as more of a business development manager on behalf of NAI Members. Ryan’s role is to develop strategy to maximize resources that will drive business and build the NAI Global brand. Ryan is a member of CoreNet Global and the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC). He was also recently named one of the Real Estate Forum’s Top 50 under 40 industry professionals.
During the course of our talk Ryan and I discuss his transition from brokerage to management and broker support. He endorses the importance of specialization. He shares some wins both in brokerage and his new role at NAI and also gives some strong advice for newer brokers. . I really enjoyed this talk because Ryan was able to share his experience from both brokerage and management perspectives. Enjoy!
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- How and why Ryan transitioned from brokerage to management and business development
- Why Ryan regrets aligning with senior brokers early in his career but not formalizing the “team”
- How NAI Global is different than it’s competitors and Ryan’s role and building the brand
- What Ryan’s learned from his wins and losses
Mentions & Resources
- CoreNet Global
- NAI Global
- Globe St.
- Drive by: Dan Pink – Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose
- Real Estate Forum
Advice & Quotes
- “Differentiation and specialization are keys to industry success”
- Diligent follow up is a key part of Ryan’s day
- “Stay in front of your clients”
- New brokers – you must have patience and perseverance
- Stay ahead of the curve and embrace technology
– Check out Ryan’s full bio here
– Call Ryan at 412-458-5076