In this week’s CRE Elite, I introduce our first Featured Episode. These are reserved for value-add interviews that don’t fit the mold of my typical show format. Throughout this process I’ve been exposed to amazing resources and talent. And, because I make the rules around here, I want to be able to share as much content as possible with you, my listeners. So in this interview, I get a chance to talk to Mike Carey, Vice-President of Tranzon Auction Properties out of Portland, Maine and we feature auctions.
As you know by now, I’m a strong proponent of auctions for the right property and situation. In fact, you may recognize Mike as the contact for my show sponsor. The more Mike and I discussed CRE Elite and what it’s mission is, I realized that he would be an ideal interview candidate. With direct auction experience spanning over ten years Mike has participated in over $100M in transactions including sales all over the country: A 1997 graduate of Wheaton College in Norton, MA, he lives in Portland, ME and is a past chair and current board member of the Portland Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association.
Mike and I had a great talk and I really enjoy changing things up a bit. I hope you enjoy it as well.
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- Real Estate is in Mike’s blood
- Why Mike spends a lot of time talking sellers OUT of the auction process
- How Mike can help you close deals without going through an auction
- Are postcards making a comeback?
Mentions & Resources
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- In the Kingdom of Ice – by Hampton Sides
- Get It Done Guy podcast – Stever Robbins
- National Auctioneers Association
Advice & Quotes
- “Auctions are all about time“
- Sometimes we are the “wholesale of real estate”
- “Don’t be afraid to ask questions” – keep ego out of the way, get the right answer.
- When marketing a property, “throw it all at the wall”
- Be a big fish in a small pond through T.M.A.
- Two ingredients to a successful broker: resilience and quick feet
- Find a Mentor.
- – Check out Mike’s full bio here
- – Call Mike at 866-503-1212