In this week’s CRE Elite, we visit Ohio and talk to Greg Hrabcak, a broker at H.E.R. Commercial Realty Services out of Columbus, Ohio. Greg started as a full time broker straight after graduating from The Ohio State University in 1984. He has been involved in the sale and leasing of Commercial, Industrial, Investment, Retail, Office real estate, as well as Business Brokerage sales throughout Central Ohio.
In 2008 he served as the 100th president of the Columbus Board of Realtors. Greg is currently serving as the President Elect of the Ohio Association of Realtors and will serve as its President in 2015. He’s highly decorated including being named the Columbus Board of Realtors Salesperson of the Year in 2012.
During the course of our conversation we discuss competing brokerage collaboration and two groups that Greg is actively involved with. I also ask Greg about his heavy involvement in advocacy work on behalf of commercial brokers.
Here’s What You’ll Discover
- How an informal group of commercial brokers collaborated monthly to promote listings and services
- What an “Exchanger” group is
- Why Greg is in the office at 5:30AM
- Greg’s thoughts on personal property rights, both commercial and residential
- Greg’s highlighted transaction: a 3-way 1031 Exchange that had some challenging twists
Mentions & Resources
- Excellegent (state CRE database)
- LoopNet & CoStar
- National Association of Realtors
- The Race for Relevance – by Harrison Coerver
Advice & Quotes
- Get involved early on with educational opportunities
- Promote your “wants”
- “The people in my industry are not my competitors but my contemporaries”
- Get involved at a state and national level on real estate advocacy issues
- “The highs are very high and the lows are very low” – have a short memory and always move forward
- “Persistence pays off”
- – Check out Greg’s full bio here
– Call Greg at 614-906-2227