In this week’s CRE Elite, we visit North Carolina and talk to Ellen Moore, a broker at Coldwell Banker Commercial Triad based in Winston Salem. She’s been in the brokerage business for over 20 years, is very active in the community and has received numerous awards, most notably the 2012 Winston Regional Association of Realtors Commercial Practitioner of the Year. Ellen is my first female guest on CRE Elite and I took the opportunity to ask her about her experience in what is, frankly, a male dominated industry. Her candor and advice made for a great interview.
Here’s What You’ll Discover
• How Ellen started and grew a referral group
• Ellen’s proudest deal was, not coincidentally, her most challenging
• Why Ellen considers her appointments with family as important as any in her calendar
• What it’s like to be the only woman in her field and how to earn respect
• How to leverage historic tax credits
Mentions & Resources
- Ellen’s 3-year, 3-month success story: WinMock at Kinderton
- Coldwell Banker’s University
- International Council of Shopping Center (ICSC)
• Master technology and computer skills
• Create your own personal website
• You can’t beat face-to-face marketing for your listings
• Be “generous of spirit” when networking and referring business
• Women have to truly master their craft to break through the CRE glass ceiling, especially in the industrial market
• Vet your client’s financials early and often – don’t be shy!
• Constantly communicate with your clients
Win a FREE Book!
When you rate and review the podcast in iTunes, you’ll instantly become eligible to win your very own copy of Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker’s Money (Rich Dad’s Advisors) by Dolf de Roos.
- – Check out Ellen’s full bio here
– Call Ellen at 336-761-5909