This week we visit the state of Indiana, home of Steve Martin, CCIM (the commercial real estate broker, not the SNL host). Steve is the owner and managing director at Sperry Van Ness Martin Commercial out of Evansville, Indiana.
He specializes in multifamily, investment, retail and development. Evansville, he explains, is a smaller market so he dabbles in a lot of different sectors. He’s been in the business for 38 years and in 2013 was named the Indiana Commercial Realtor of the Year.
Here’s What You’ll Discover
• What it’s like to work with family
• What it means to “play every day” and why that’s so important
• Why having mastermind groups and accountability partners are vital to your sucess
• How to use a “call for offer” as a selling strategy to create urgency on your listing
• Giving back to his community via gratis brokerage services
• How a lack of proper documentation cost Steve money
Mentions & Resources
- David Allen’s Getting Things Done
- Jim Collins’s Good to Great
- Commercial Post
- Richard Flints’s Morning Minute
• “Behavior never lies” – everything we do and say matters
• Operate by a “code” and a set of moral standards in your business
• Get involved in your industry through associations and organizations like local chambers, CCIM and CPM
• “Work a little harder and think a little differently”
• Every deal is different and you must be able to adapt on the fly
• Make 5-6 weekly scheduled “warm calls” to associates, friends & clients
• Get it in WRITING!
Win a FREE Book!
When you rate and review the podcast in iTunes, you’ll instantly become eligible to win your very own copy of Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker’s Money (Rich Dad’s Advisors) by Dolf de Roos.
- – Check out Steve’s full bio here
– Call Steve at 812.471.2500